Thursday, October 2, 2008

Shut up and let me cook


Shut up and let me go
The Ting Tings


It was nice to have a few days off this week. Thankfully York has most of the jewish holidays off, I got to rest quite a bit. I feel a little uncreative, I wanted to make something but i can't figure out what to do...Right now i'm thinking about my raviollie, It was goat cheese raviollie.... i'm not a big fan of many greens other then green beans....
If you want to make some really good raviollie try yam raviollie with chinese 5 spice. I havent made them yet but I plan too. cooking isnt my strong point but if I want to have yam raviollie I will have to do it myself....
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
9 tablespoons sorghum syrup* or 1/2 cup clover honey plus 1 tablespoon robust-flavored (dark) molasses
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground clovesLarge pinch of cayenne pepper
8 10- to 11-ounce yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
Preparation
Beat butter, sorghum syrup, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne in medium bowl to blend; season with salt. (Can be prepared 5 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring mixture to room temperature before using.)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse potatoes; pat dry. Pierce each several times with fork; place on baking sheet. Bake potatoes until tender, about 1 hour.
Cut top of each potato lengthwise; press in ends to open top. Spoon some sorghum butter into opening of each potato and serve.
I'm sure they'll taste yummy!

1 comment:

Krista said...

That dish looks very good, we'll try it someday :)