Monday, September 29, 2008

6 degrees of ant-social behaviour

So I knew before I started at york that there was going to be a chance for me to see people I went to highschool with. And I came to terms with that. I almost had forgotten about this seeing as how i've been here for 3 years and really havent had to have any kind of interaction with anyone from the past.
Today on the other hand, I was walking around with my girl Laura when I spotted someone I went to school with thinking that I was about to pass by without having to pretend to be civil, she turned "OMG hey Laura" and I was caught. So Laura, being the social butterfly that she is says "hey A.. This is nadine..." (as we were walking with another friend of ours)"... and this is my girlfriend Odett." she looks at me and I smile as I know she recognizes me and I recognize her "OH I know her, we went to highschool together." I shuddered a little and tried to look at pleasent as possible. Dont get me wrong I never disliked her, she was actually the nice one...her sister was the bitch. Alot of the girls she hung out with during that time were apart of why my highschool life was so bad, she never bullied me but I guess in someways not sticking up for someone is just as bad as the act itself.
I really do try not to be that person who is still mad about highschool, in a weird way I'm a little thankful for the experience. I was a little sarcastic, but thanks to all those i had to deal with then i've embodied sarcasim to the point where it's more like second nature to me to be a smart ass rather then just answer a question. However, I dont like seeing people from highschool as it does remind me of what I went through and what I had to deal with. I cant say i really changed all that much since then ( i like to say that I grew into my looks) but I am different. I just never realized how everything has a like a six-degrees of seperation...I never would have guessed that Laura knew anyone I knew. I guess I should never assume that I live in a bubble onto itself. Hey I may even know someone you know!

<(^__^)>
Odett

1 comment:

Krista said...

I still run into some nasties from highschool but they make it more awkward than it needs to be. And it's kind of funny cause I feel like now that years have past I can blame everything that happened in highschool on raging hormones.