Thursday, March 5, 2009

Take only what you need from me

I was on msn last night talking to Matt (the ex for anyone who doesnt know). He told me his dad was in the hospital. ICU to be exact. I want to say I was shocked but I really wasnt. His dad has been sick since I could remember, and this wasn't really surprising. I was sad for him, not as sad I probably would have been if I was still dating him; but sad none the less. I tried to be as supportive as I could. I like to think that we are still friends, at least I still treat him like a friend. Check in on him ever now and then, bug him about the girls he's been talking to lately. That sort of thing.

The really sad part is that he misses me. It's not sad because I'm oh so cool and want to think that I'm some super important or something, but it's sad because I miss him too. I'm not mad anymore, I could be..but I'm not. I really do want to be his friend, if that's possible. I mean seriously, is it even possible to be friends with an ex? I dont think feelings get in the way of that sort of thing..unless the break up was really really bad. And admittedly so, our break up wasn't at all mutual but I do understand where he was coming from, and I think we could probably be friends if he could manage to separate himself from what happened. I'd like to think I managed too.

Either way, I told him that if he wanted to we could go for coffee and talk. I want him to know that even though we aren't together anymore, I am still there for him. This could be a bad thing, but if one of my friends needed me I'd be there. And I dont think I should be any different to him. I guess I could be wrong.

No comments: